lunes, 12 de agosto de 2013

OUR CONDITIONS : WHAT IF....?

After over four decades teaching conditional sentences  it is high time we did something different.For a start google search WHAT IF. You´ll come across songs and  situations which are:

Likely or Real:

What if I lose my smartphone/tablet/ipad/..?

               can´t pay my taxes?

               miss my pill?

               miss my period?

               never find love?

               am gay?

               don´t like sports?

               I die /without a will?

               we change?

               fail in life?

               can´t remember my password?

Hypothetical:

What if I shot my TV?

              there was no time left?

              I kissed you?

              I said it?

              I told you all about it?

              I won the lottery?

              I never saw you again?

              You were left stranded on a desert island?

              You fell downstairs?

               time stopped?

               I could make myself invisible?

               Sharks were people?(Bertolt Brecht) 

              everybody who told a lie turned green?

              people could get a driving licence at 14?

             children over 10 were allowed to vote?

             gold and petrol were found in your area?

             you were invited to the King´s birthday party?

             your little sister aged 14 told you she was pregnant?

             it rained every day of your holiday?

            you found a snake under your bed?

            you could not sleep at night?

 

               

Impossible: (Counterfactual History develops our imagination)

 

What if Napoleon/Hitler had not invaded Russia?

              you had invested in properties along the Spanish coast in the 60´s?

              I had never met you?

              there had never beeen a Spanish Civil War?

              you had been born a woman/man?

             you had had a twin sister? 

              

Please add five more sentences in each category.

 

              

              

                   

 

             

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario