domingo, 26 de mayo de 2013

COMMA SUTRA, the joy of punctuation

It´s sooo important to be able to punctuate corrrectly!!!

The house of grammar has many rooms and some are so mysterious as to be haunted...
.

COMMAS,WHICH CUT OUT THE FAT,

GO WITH WHICH,NEVER WITH THAT.


Tell the difference between the following sentences:


The panda eats shoots and leaves

The panda eats,shoots and leaves.

 

Dana claimed Frank planned the murder

Dana, claimed Frank,planned the murder.

 

WOMAN  WITHOUT HER MAN IS NOTHING

"WOMAN, WITHOUT HER MAN, IS NOTHING"(men´s view)

"WOMAN! WITHOUT HER, MAN IS NOTHING"(women´s view)

 

DEAR JOHN,

I want a man who knows what love is all about.You are generous,kind, thoughful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men.I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we are apart.I can be forever happy. Will you let me be yours?

Gloria


DEAR JOHN,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous,kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you.Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we´re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,

Gloria


 


 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario