sábado, 7 de junio de 2014

100 THINGS I (DON´T) WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE

THE AIM OF THIS ACTIVITY IS TWO-FOLD: Students are asked to list the things they want to do before they die. Time is short: Carpe Diem; secondly, they are asked to think about the things they think they will never do before they die. Here is a sample: You may fully agree or disagree with any of the items below:

                        I  WILL

Ride in a helicopter

Dive to the bottom of the ocean

Get married and have kids

Go skydiving

Ride in a hot air balloon

Backpack around the world

Meet Obama/the Pope/...

Go on a peace mission to the Middle East

Eradicate hunger in Africa

Travel through outer space

Learn to surf

Write my life story

Win the lottery/ the pools/ eurojackpot/..

Build a house/ villa/ cathedral/..

Design logos on T-shirts

See the northern lights

Shop in NYC

Go back in time to the Pharaohs´

Run a marathon/ a half-marathon

Fly a plane

Climb Mount Everest/ K2/ Kilimanjaro/ Fujijama/..

Invent a new fuel

Be a magician

Ride a horse on the beach

Get a husky/lab puppy

Go fishing and hunting without  actually  catching or killing anything

Be with different families in different countries the world over ...

DON´TS          

I WILL NOT

Read Proust/ The Bible/ the Quran/..

Lose my dignity/virility/virginity/..

Become a religious convert

Get depressed (black dog)

Commit suicide

Be buried alive

Take part in a stupid TV contest

Eat through my nose

Cheat in an exam

Forget certain people in  my life

Eat curry/a periwinkle/..

Smoke

Do a strip tease

Sing while shopping at Mercadona 

Learn Swahili/Tagalog/..

Become world chess champion

Rob a bank

Have a sex change

Become a queen/ king/ prince or princess

Donate my liver/ kidney/heart/..

Swallow a coin/ a banknote

Spend time in prison

Hurt a close friend

Learn the periodic table by heart

Celebrate Christmas in August

Work in a coal mine

Read Mao´s red book

Kiss a stranger

Become insensitive to suffering

Start a fire

Appear on a TV show

Become a rock star

Live for a year on a desert island

Confess to a RC priest

Be drunk at work

Graffiti a wall/ a bridge

Be/ sleep with a whore/ gigolo

Eat leaves from a tree

Own an owl

Spend all day watching TV/hooked on my mobile/what´s up=what´s APP/.

Break a promise

Disclose a secret

Get a tattoo/ pierced nose/..

Invade a country

Demand a  ransom

Say NO when you mean YES

Adopt a Peruvian girl

 Seduce the Frigiliana Miss or Queen

Witness a miracle

Shave my head off

Win an Oscar/ the Nobel Prize

Organize an orgy

Understand Franco/ Hitler/..

Marry someone I´ve just met/ I´ve never met

See my face on a banknote/ coin

Turn 120 years old and meet my great-great-grandchildren

Become P.M./ M.P./ Pope/..

Grow a tail

Take a vow of silence/ chastity/ poverty

Live with a hermit

Become a Mormon/Muslim/ Buddhist/...

Risk my life

Have a street named after me

Be in cryogenics

Reach Nirvana

Burn a banknote

Serenade a lover

Do the Rubik´s cube

Die of hard work

Find yourself

Rule the world

Know the truth about J.F.K./King Juan Carlos/....

Think the unthinkable....

 

(Some ideas taken from my own students, particularly, Carlos G. Wassink;
 from Miley Cyrus´Miles to go 
and  This book will change your life by Benrik Boxtree)

 

 

 

 

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario